World Health Assembly
As a non-governmental organization in official relations with the World Health Organization (WHO), we can offer our members access to the World Health Assembly (WHA) so that they may participate in key discussions with policymakers and provide valuable input into proposed resolutions. Our delegates represent our coalition at multiple meetings, briefings, plenaries, and side events throughout the Assembly. Non-corporate GHC members in good standing are eligible to apply for GHC’s accredited delegation.
Please look out for the following information related to the 76th World Health Assembly:
- A sign-up email with instructions on how to register to be a part of the GHC delegation;
- Webinar invitation at which GHC will share details about WHA76 (key documents, priorities, official statements, side events, etc.);
- Social media toolkit that can be used in the lead-up, during, and after WHA76 on key priority areas.
- To be added to future WHA-specific email updates, please sign up here.
GHC will update this page regularly as WHA76 approaches.
152nd Session of the Executive Board
GHC presented the following statements at the 152nd Executive Board meeting:
- Constituency Statement on Agenda Item 12.1: Strengthening WHO preparedness for and response to health emergencies
- Constituency Statement on Agenda Item 5: Universal Health Coverage
- Agenda Item 5: Draft Global Strategy on infection prevention and control
- Agenda Item 12.1: Strengthening WHO preparedness for and response to health emergencies
WHA75: May 22 – 28, 2022
GHC presented the following statements at the 75th World Health Assembly:
- Agenda Item 13: Sustainable Financing Report of the Working Group
- Agenda Item 15: Human Resources for Health
- Agenda Items 16.2 and 16.4: Strengthening WHO preparedness for and response to health emergencies and 16.4: Implementation of the International Health Regulations
- Top 3 Take Aways from WHA75
More on WHA
- GHC Multilateral Roundtable Position Paper: WHO Working Group for Pandemic Preparedness & Response (November 2021)
- WHA74 After Action Report (May 2021)