This post was written by Emily Kiser, Program Coordinator, Triangle Global Health Consortium as part of GHC’s Member Spotlight series. The Triangle Global Health Consortium is a non-profit member organization representing institutions and individuals from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, the international health development NGO community, the faith community, and academia. The Consortium’s mission is to establish North Carolina as an international center for research, training, education, advocacy, and business dedicated to improving the health of the world’s communities. To learn more, visit www.triangleglobalhealth.org. Triangle Global Health Consortium is a 2018 GHC member.
North Carolina is a leader in global health, housing more than 220 organizations, companies, and academic institutions that work in more than 185 countries to improve the health of people around the world. Each year the Triangle Global Health Consortium is honored to recognize just a few of our many incredible global health leaders here in North Carolina. On the evening of Wednesday, May 2 the global health community will gather in Chapel Hill, NC for our Annual Award Celebration. Please save the date and plan to join us for a night of dinner, drinks, and inspiration! Awards to be presented include:
1) Ward Cates Emerging Leader Award – awarded to an emerging leader in North Carolina who has demonstrated significant promise and a commitment to improving the health of the world’s communities
2) Corporate Impact Award – awarded to a company in North Carolina that has made a significant impact on improving the health of the world’s communities
3) Global Health Champion Award – awarded to a North Carolina global health leader in recognition of life-long commitment to advancing global health.
We are proud to celebrate the incredible global health sector that calls North Carolina home. Our community is growing rapidly and there are constantly new opportunities to work within global health in the Tar Heel State. To connect global health professionals with these career opportunities, the Triangle Global Health Consortium is pleased to announce to launch of our new Global Health Career Center.
Our Global Health Career Center allows job-seekers to:
1) Search and apply to the best global health jobs,
2) Upload an anonymous resume so employers can contact the job-seeker directly, and
3) Receive an alert every time a job becomes available that matches the job-seeker’s personal profile, skills, interests, and preferred location(s).
Member organizations of the Consortium post unlimited positions for free and non-member organizations are able to purchase job postings.
Check out the Global Health Career Center today – your next opportunity could be waiting!