- This event has passed.
United to End Rheumatic Heart Disease (RHD)
May 23, 2018 @ 6:15 pm - 9:00 pm
Organized by RHD Action, World Heart Federation, RhEACH, and Medtronic Foundation
6:15 PM – 9:00 PM CEST
L’Institut de Hautes études Internationales et du développement
2 Chemin Eugène-Rigot
1202 Genève, Switzerland
Ahead of government discussions at the 71st World Health Assembly on a Resolution on Rheumatic Fever (RF) and Rheumatic Heart Disease (RHD), join RHD Action and our partners for an exciting and interactive side event – United to End RHD – from 6.15pm – 8.00pm on Wednesday 23rd May at the Graduate Institute. The event will be followed by a reception.
This high-level event – co-sponsored by the governments of Australia, Fiji and Namibia – will focus on the impact of a Resolution on RF and RHD on those who matter most: people living with RHD and frontline health workers delivering essential RHD services.
The event will be moderated by Natalie Africa (United Nations Foundation), and speakers at the event will include:
1) People Living with RHD and Frontline Health Workers from around the world
2) The Honourable Dr. David Clark, Minister of Health of New Zealand
3) H.E. Bernard Haufiku, Minister of Health and Social Services, Republic of Namibia
4) The Honourable Rosy Sofia Akbar, Minister for Health and Medical Services, Fiji
5) Professor Brendan Murphy, Chief Medical Officer, Australia
6) Representatives from the RHD Action Partners