- This event has passed.
Transitioning in the Context of Universal Health Coverage
May 25, 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
STOPAIDS, RESULTS UK, Médecins sans Frontières, Aidsfonds, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance and International Civil Society Support
12:30 PM – 2:00 PM CEST
Auditorium Ivan Pictet, Maison de la Paix
Sustainable, additional and predictable health financing from international and domestic sources is required to strengthen health systems and move towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC) while preparing for transitions. Health financing must be at the core of these discussions if we are to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the vision set out in the WHO’s 13th General Programme of Work for the coming five years. This event will serve to achieve a better understanding of the roles and opportunities that both donors and recipient countries have in ensuring long-term, sustained and positive health outcomes when donor funding and support reduces and/or changes in nature. This debate will be a crucial opportunity to share learning, present challenges and best practice, and to galvanize support for sustainability and transition policies across bilateral and multilateral donors.
1) Daniel Graymore, Geneva Representative and Head, Global Funds Department, Department for International Development, United Kingdom
2) Brenda Waning, Chief, Global Drug Facility, Stop TB Partnership
3) Susan Sparkes, Health Financing Technical Officer, Department of Health Systems Governance and Financing, World Health Organization
4) Rico Gustav, Senior Policy Advisor, Sustainability, International Civil Society Support
5) Matthew MacGregor, Senior Project Lead, Sustainability, Transition and Co-Financing, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
Moderator: Michaela Told, Deputy Director, Global Health Centre, the Graduate Institute