- This event has passed.
Online Course: NCD Diplomacy In A Globalised World
May 14 - June 15
Organized by Global Health Centre at the Graduate Institute (Geneva)
NCD Diplomacy in a Globalised World: Addressing the Challenges of the Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) Epidemics
May 14 – June 15, 2018
(Apply by April 23, 2018)
This course is a timely follow-up from the WHO Global Conference on NCDs in Montevideo held in October 2017 and is launched at a time when the intergovernmental preparatory process of the UN High-Level Meeting (HLM) on NCDs to be held in September 2018 has started. Progress to control the NCDs epidemics can only be made if the highest political commitment is ensured and a wide-range of stakeholders are involved.
This course will enable you to:
1) Identify and critically appraise the global health landscape – including shifts in epidemiology, leadership, priorities and policy;
2) Recognise and analyse the major global political fora and technical platforms for NCD diplomacy to date;
3) Assess, evaluate and apply an NCD-focused approach to national and international health policy;
4) Draw, analyse and critique the multilateral diplomacy milieu for the new health agenda;
5) Recognise and compare contemporary tools for global health diplomacy; and their applications.
This five-week online course draws on a wide range of international experts, such as Sir George Alleyne, Professor Ilona Kickbusch, Professor Corinna Hawkes, and many more. Find out more about this course’s content, fee and application process or contact globalhealthdiplomacy@graduate