- This event has passed.
Nurses and Midwives Delivering Prenatal and Postnatal Care During COVID-19
May 7 @ 5:00 am - 6:15 am EDT
2020 has been declared the International Year of the Nurse and the Midwife by the World Health Organization. During the COVID pandemic, nurse and midwife leaders play a vital role in both the global response and also ensuring the continuity of essential health services.
To celebrate their key contributions and in observance of the International Day of the Midwife (May 5) and International Nurses Day (May 12), Seed Global Health and our partners are pleased to host a virtual fireside chat with nurse and midwife leaders who are on the front lines of the COVID-19 response and ensuring the continuity of supportive and safe maternal and newborn health services.
Welcome remarks: Dr. Vanessa Kerry, CEO, Seed Global Health
Moderator: Julie Mann, Associate Director of Midwifery, Seed Global Health
- Anna Grace Auma, Head of Clinical Nursing and Midwifery, Lira University, Uganda
- Jennifer Neczypor, Nurse Midwife at Massachusetts General Hospital,
Chelsea HealthCare Center
- Pandora Hardtman, International Midwifery Consultant
- Isata Dumbuya, Reproductive Maternal Neonatal Child Health Lead, Partners in Health – Sierra Leone
- Fauste Uwingabire, Senior Neonatal Care Clinical Mentor, Partners in Health – Rwanda