- This event has passed.
How to Strengthen Nutrition within the Health Platform: Programmatic evidence and experience from Three Countries
February 12 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Organized by USAID’s flagship Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP)
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
9:00 AM – 11:30 AM EST
The Kaiser Family Foundation & Livestream
NOTE: If you have already registered for this event on its previously scheduled date of January 17, we ask that you please re-register by clicking the button below to confirm your attendance. Apologies for this inconvenience and we hope you are able to join us on February 12. Remote viewing access will also be made available.
Nearly every country in the world faces multiple burdens of malnutrition, with at least one in three people globally experiencing malnutrition in some form. While health systems play an important role in the promotion and roll-out of critical nutrition interventions, service delivery at the health facility and community levels are often not at the quality, intensity and/or coverage desired to achieve country and global targets. While globally it is well recognized that interventions should reach those who need it most, the process of “how” this can be achieved is often not shared, discussed, or documented.
Please join USAID’s flagship Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP) on Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 9:00am at the Kaiser Family Foundation or online as we discuss evidence and experiences from Mozambique, Malawi and Tanzania on how to strengthen integration of nutrition into the health platform from a health systems perspective as well as highlight considerations for sustainability and scale-up of nutrition interventions. During this event, MCSP will launch our special issue Maternal and Child Nutrition Journal supplement, with limited hard copies available. Please register to attend and remote viewing access will also be made available.
Continental breakfast and registration will take place from 9-9:30am and the official program will begin promptly at 9:30AM.
*The Kaiser Family Foundation is located three blocks east of the White House and half a block west of the Metro Center stop (Red, Orange, Silver, and Blue lines) in Washington, D.C.
Featured speakers include:
- Ms. Barbara Hughes, Director, Office of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Bureau of Global Health, USAID
- Dr. Justine Kavle, Nutrition Team Lead,MCSP
- Dr. Zulfi Bhutta, Co-Director, Director of Research, Centre for Global Child Health, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
- Ms. Melanie Picolo, Senior Nutrition Advisor, MCSP Mozambique
- Ms. Florence Bwanali, Nutrition Technical Advisor on Health Policy Plus/Palladium Group, Former Nutrition Advisor, MCSP Malawi
- Ms. Lemmy Mabuga, Family Planning Advisor, MCSP Tanzania
- Ms. Jeniece Alvey, Nutrition Advisor, Office of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Bureau of Global Health, USAID
- Dr. Koki Agarwal, Director, MCSP