- This event has passed.
GHC Advocacy Update Webinar Series
March 29, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am EDT
Organized by Global Health Council
GHC Advocacy Update Webinar Series:
The U.S. Appropriations Process & the President’s FY2020 Budget
Friday, March 29, 2019
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT
On Friday, March 29 at 12:00 PM EDT, Global Health Council (GHC) will bring its bi-weekly written advocacy updates to life in the first of a quarterly webinar series hosted by the GHC Advocacy team. During this webinar series, the team will share timely intelligence and key messages from the global health advocacy community. Moreover, the team will discuss how you can take action as an individual global health advocate.
The first webinar in this series will go into more detail about the U.S. appropriations process and will provide a breakdown of the President’s budget as it relates to global health for those unfamiliar with the process and specific funding lines. In addition, the team will talk about GHC’s recently published Global Health Briefing Book and how you can use that resource to further your advocacy efforts. Please see below for the full agenda. We hope you can join us!
- INTEL: Current State of Affairs
- FY2020 U.S. appropriations process
- Release of the President’s FY2020 budget & community response
- Pending legislation in U.S. Congress
- ACTION: Top Line Messages for Global Health
- Key talking points
- RESOURCE: The Global Health Briefing Book
- What is this resource and how do I use it?