- This event has passed.
Getting Serious About Health Equity: Systematic, Comprehensive Approaches to Leave No One Behind
January 28, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Organized by the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, CEHURD, and the UCL Institute of Health Equity
Monday, January 28, 2019
9:30 – 11:00 AM EST | Washington DC
- Michael Marmot, Director, UCL Institute of Health Equity, University College London
- Anna Coates, Chief, Office for Equity, Gender, and Cultural Diversity, PAHO/WHO
- Christine Brown, Head, WHO European Office for Investment for Health and Development
- Moses Mulumba, Executive Director, Center for Health, Human Rights & Development
- Eric Friedman, Global Health Justice Scholar, O’Neill Institute
- Matthew Kavanagh, Director, Global Health Governance Initiative, O’Neill Institute
Even as important improvements have occurred in health across the world in the last decade, progress in reducing vast health disparities within countries has generally been far more limited. The UN Sustainable Development Goals pledged to leave no one behind–but will they?
Without deliberate planning, cross-sectoral action, robust accountability, and inclusive governance to confront the structural causes of health equity, inequity will likely persist. This webinar will launch a new framework for crafting health equity programs of action, and will explore systematic, inclusive approaches, across the health system and beyond, to improving health equity in the SDG era.