- This event has passed.
Delivering on SDGs: The Role of Industry in the Fight Against AMR
January 18, 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm EST
Organized by the AMR Industry Alliance, SustainAbility, and The Global Health Centre at the Graduate Institute
12:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Auditorium Ivan Pictet, Maison de la paix
This event will discuss the contributions of the life science industry in combating antimicrobial resistance (AMR) to deliver on SDG 3, but also on SDGs 1, 2 and 8. What actions are already being taken, where does industry have the most added-value, and where there is a space and need for more collaboration to succeed?
12:30 PM -12:35 PM Welcome and introduction: Thomas Cueni, Director General, IFPMA; Chair, AMR Industry Alliance
12:35 PM -12:45 PM Keynote speech: Ranieri Guerra, Assistant Director-General for Strategic Initiatives, World Health Organization
12:45 PM -1:00 PM Key findings from progress report: Denise Delaney, Director, Sustainability
1:00 PM – 1:45 PM Panel discussion I:
1) Gary M Cohen, Executive Vice President, Global Health; President, BD Foundation
2) Sanjay Kakkar, CEO, Peptilogics, Inc.
3) Bruce Altevogt, Senior Director, Science Policy and Science Advocacy, Pfizer
4) Denis Broun, Global Director, Access and Public Affairs, Cipla
1:45 PM – 2:30 PM Panel discussion II
1) Marc Sprenger, Director, AMR Secretariat, World Health Organization
2) Martha Gyansa-Lutterodt, Director of Pharmaceutical Services and Chief Pharmacist of Ghana
3) Thomas Cueni, Director General, IFPMA; Chair, AMR Industry Alliance
4) Manica Balasegaram, Director, Global Antibiotic Research & Development (GARDP)
5) Catharina Boehme, CEO, Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND)
Moderation: Ilona Kickbusch, Director, Global Health Centre, the Graduate Institute