- This event has passed.
Biofortification: Better Crops, Better Nutrition
June 28, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
the FAO Liasion Office for North America, Global Harvest Initiative (GHI), HarvestPlus, and the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
8:30 AM – 10:30 AM EDT
Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: Liaison Office
2121 K Street Northwest, Suite 800-B
Join for a lively roundtable discussion hosted by Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Liaison Office for North America in collaboration with Global Harvest Initiative (GHI), HarvestPlus and the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN). The assembled panellists will share information about biofortification and the roles that the FAO and public and private sectors can play in integrating it into policies, programs, and product portfolios. The moderated roundtable will also seek input from participants (ideally representing both the nutrition and agriculture communities) about strategies to accelerate adoption and mainstreaming of biofortification.
1) Vimlendra Sharan, Director, FAO Liaison Office for North America
2) Bonnie McClafferty, Director, Food Value Chain, GAIN (moderator)
3) Dr. Jessica Fanzo, Senior Nutrition and Food Systems Officer, Nutrition and Food Systems Division (ESN), FAO
4) Dr. Howarth Bouis, Founder and Interim CEO, HarvestPlus and 2016 World Food Prize Laureate
5) Dr. Marc C. Albertsen, Dupont Fellow/Research Director, Dupont Pioneer
6) Dr. Margaret Zeigler, Executive Director, Global Harvest Initiative, GHI
7) Dr. Rob Bertram, Chief Scientist, Bureau for Food Security, USAID