- This event has passed.
Accelerating Progress: Planning, Prioritization, and Partnerships to Advance Global Health Security
May 21, 2018 @ 6:00 am - 8:00 am EDT
Global Health Security Agenda Private Sector Roundtable, PATH, Resolve to Save Lives and World Bank Group
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM CEST
InterContinental Hotel, Chemin du Petit-Saconnex 7-9
1209 Genève, Switzerland
From infectious disease outbreaks to the growing prevalence of antimicrobial resistance, protecting against emerging health threats is a significant challenge to countries today. Furthermore, preventing, detecting, and responding to global health threats is an important piece of achieving universal health coverage. The Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) has played a historic role in mobilizing political capital and partners around this critical issue. As countries complete their respective Joint External Evaluations (JEEs), the real test becomes translating gaps into country plans, setting priorities, and securing resources to address these needs. While many donors, multilateral institutions, implementing agencies, private sector companies, and others have stepped up to help, more sustained cross-sector engagement is required to better understand and optimize available resources and expertise.
Join the Global Health Security Agenda Private Sector Roundtable (PSRT), PATH, Resolve to Save Lives, and the World Bank for a lunch event on the sidelines of the 71stWorld Health Assembly. Representatives from across national governments, multilateral organizations, implementing agencies, and the private sector will discuss how they can work collaboratively to address gaps identified by JEEs to help countries better prevent, detect, and respond to emerging health threats.
Speakers to include:
1) Dr. Oly Ilunga Kalenga, Minister of Public Health, Democratic Republic of the Congo
2) Mr. Steve Davis, President and Chief Executive Officer, PATH
3) Ms. Jennifer Esposito, General Manager, Health and Life Sciences, Intel Corporation
4) Mr. Kevin Etter, Director of Humanitarian Relief and Resilience Program, UPS Foundation
5) Mr. Tim Evans, Senior Director of Health, Nutrition and Population, World Bank Group
6) Dr. Tom Frieden, President and Chief Executive Officer, Resolve to Save Lives
7) Dr. Alan Tennenberg, Chief Medical Officer, Johnson & Johnson Global Public Health
Other speakers to be confirmed.
Lunch will be provided.