Organized by Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM)
Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine (AIHM)
The AIHM Annual Conference is where our community of more than 1,100 clinicians, researchers and academics comes together to learn from each other, create meaningful connections, and develop true inter-professional collaboration among the many disciplines within integrative health and medicine.
Join AIHM for a night of celebration at the AIHM Annual Conference Gala Dinner, Tuesday, Oct. 24, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. This year’s theme is 1960s / Summer of Love. Come dance the night away in your best hippie-inspired outfit. You won’t want to miss it.
Tickets are $75 per person, or $750 to reserve a table of 10 for your group. Local AIHM members are encouraged to bring their entire medical office, team, or department for a night of inspiration and fun. Space is limited – be sure to register in advance.
October 30 – November 3, 2016
Paradise Point Hotel
1404 Vacation Road
San Diego, California 92109
The vision of People, Planet, Purpose is a collaborative and interprofessional space for integrative health & medicine practitioners. You will experience a sense of community and personal renewal that is unique to the Academy. Our perspective is global and holistic. We address the topics that weave through planetary health, clinical research, your patients’ worlds and your practice settings. Together, we are committed to transforming the current paradigm of health.
Medical doctors, family practice doctors, osteopathic physicians, naturopathic physicians, chiropractic physicians, acupuncturists, homeopaths, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, physician assistants, dietitians, nutritionists, midwives, pharmacists, dentists, licensed herbalists, massage therapists, health coaches, and many more.
After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
• Discuss the importance of treating the whole person, mind-body-spirit;
• Assess the value of a physician/patient partnership in improving health;
• Evaluate the role of evidence-based integrative holistic medicine in the treatment and prevention of common medical conditions and chronic illnesses;
• Incorporate integrative holistic medicine treatments into patient care, referring to specialists as necessary;
• Utilize tools and resources provided to incorporate integrative holistic medicine into their practices/organizations; and
• Establish a network of like-minded practitioners from various disciplines and geographic areas.