Organized by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
Please note the following:
1) If you are not a U.S. citizen, please note this in the subject line of your RSVP, and the office will contact you to gain additional biographical information for your clearance.
2) Photo identification for all attendees is required for building access without exception.
3) Please RSVP no later than Monday, May 7, 2018.
4) Should you not have a Federal ID or be a U.S. citizen, they require your RSVP no later than Thursday, May 3, 2018 to allow time for security processes.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)—charged with leading the U.S. delegation to the 71st World Health Assembly—will hold an informal Stakeholder Listening Session on Friday, May 11, 3:00 – 4:30 PM, in the HHS Hubert H. Humphrey Building Auditorium located at 200 Independence Ave, SW.
The Stakeholder Listening Session will help the HHS Office of Global Affairs prepare for the World Health Assembly by taking full advantage of the knowledge, ideas, feedback, and suggestions from all individuals interested in and affected by agenda items to be discussed at the 71st World Health Assembly. Input gathered will contribute to U.S. positions and help negotiate these important health topics with international colleagues.
The listening session will be organized around the interests and perspectives of individuals familiar with the following topics and groups:
1) Public health and advocacy activities;
2) State, local, and Tribal issues;
3) Private industry;
4) Minority health organizations; and
5) Academic and scientific organizations.
It will allow public comment on all agenda items to be discussed at the 71st World Health Assembly. This invitation will also be posted in the Federal Register and on hhs.gov/global.
Written comments are welcome and encouraged, even if you are planning on attending in person. Please send these to the same email address: OGA.RSVP@hhs.gov.