- This event has passed.
Incentivizing Investments in Access to Quality Medicines
May 25, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Organized by USP
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM CEST
InterContinental Hotel – Paris Room
Chemin du Petit-Saconnex 7-9
Access to quality medicines is critical to positive public health outcomes. However, according to a 2017 WHO study, the prevalence of substandard and falsified medicines is as high as 10%. Shortages of quality-assured essential medicines remain a significant challenge. Join for a cross-sector high-level panel discussion, convened by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and co-hosted by Unitaid and the Government of Ethiopia, to address this important global problem and identify opportunities to develop sustainable sources of quality-assured essential medicines.
Breakfast and registration will begin at 8:30 AM.
1) Mr. Mark Abdoo, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Global Regulatory Operations and Policy, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
2) Dr. Kesetebirhan Admasu, CEO, Rollback Malaria Partnership
3) Mr. Mark Edington, Head of Grant Management, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
4) Ms. Sanne Fournier-Wendes, Chief of Staff, Unitaid
5) Dr. Alma Crumm Golden, Deputy Assistant Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development
6) H.E. Dr. Mebrahtu Meles, Ethiopian State Minister for Industry
7) Dr. Skhumbuzo Ngozwana, Federation of African Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Associations
8) Dr. Mariângela Simão, Assistant Director-General, Access to Medicines, Vaccines and Pharmaceuticals, World Health Organization
Additional speakers to be announced.