- This event has passed.
Immersive Storytelling for the Global Good
October 13, 2018 - October 14, 2018
Organized by Lisa Russell Films
OCTOBER 13 – 14
New York, NY, USA
Did you know?
A recent research study shows that the brainwaves of a storyteller and those listening to the story actually sync up. Which means, we in the global health and development community can build empathy and connect with others through storytelling!
Fresh off this the Future of Story Telling Summit, Lisa Russell is going to host a weekend workshop from Oct 13-14 in NYC to not only share highlights from this unique opportunity, but to invite both award-winning VR/immersive producers and companies to showcase their projects and lead hands on tutorials but also UN and NGO experts who produce and commission storytelling projects.
Some topics covered:
- Introduction to the exciting field of VR and immersive storytelling.
- Guest presentations by award winning VR producers, UN/NGO experts and tech companies working on the cutting edge of immersive storytelling and social impact.
- Exercises on basic 360/VR production and how to develop projects and get funding with UN/NGO agencies.
- Overview of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how to contribute your talent to creating a sustainable planet.
- Feedback on individual projects or ideas to take them to the next level.
- Presentation and discussion on responsible and ethical storytelling/narrative justice.
- Networking opportunities.
Guest speakers include:
- Shannon Carroll, VR Director, “Women on the Move” in partnership with CARE and VR for Good by Oculus.
- Christian Delsol, Media Specialist, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), VR Producer for “Born Into Exile”.
- Marcos Dinnerstein, Editor of A Better Mousetrap Website/Newsletter, Former editor of Digital.NYC.
- Kristin Gutekunst, UN Communications and Partnerships Consultant, Former Executive Producer for UNVR and the UN SDG Action Campaign.