- This event has passed.
Health Heroes + Social Good: Empowering Health Workers Worldwide
April 5, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Organized by Frontline Health Workers Coalition, United Nations Foundation, and Johnson & Johnson
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
FHI 360 Conference Center
What can today’s global health and development communities do to fill the 18 million health worker deficit?
Join leaders, innovators and frontline voices to hear from renowned speakers including:
1) Tim Evans, Senior Director, Health Nutrition and Population Global Practice, The World Bank Group
2) Alaa Murabit, Commissioner, UN High-Level Commission on Health Employment & Economic Growth
3) Francis Kateh, Deputy Minister of Health, Liberia
4) Kerry Pelzman, Deputy Assistant Administrator for Global Health, US Agency for International Development
5) Rebecca Martin, Director of the Center for Global Health, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
6 )Stefan Peterson, Chief of Health, UNICEF
7) Geeta Rao Gupta, Executive Director of the 3D Program for Girls and Women and Senior Fellow at the United Nations Foundation
8) Mesfin Teklu Tessema, Senior Director of Health, International Rescue Committee
Commemorating this year’s World Health Worker Week (April 1-7), Health Heroes +SocialGood is a debut event to facilitate thought-provoking conversations on persistent challenges and innovative solutions in the health workforce. Discussions will include how we can leverage our collective passion to solve the challenges health workers face, such as ensuring gender equity at the highest levels of healthcare leadership, promoting safer working environments for those in conflict and humanitarian settings and more!
8:00 AM: Breakfast and registration
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Program
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch and networking
Please contact Martha Cummings for any questions about the event.