- This event has passed.
From Learning to Adapting: How Do We Get to Learning, and Where Do We Go From There?
May 17, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Organized by RTI International
9:30 AM – 11:30 AM EDT
701 13th Street NW, Suite 750
(This event will be live-streamed)
Please join RTI International and distinguished panelists for a discussion on harnessing learning to improve programming in the development sector.
USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach challenges development practitioners to go beyond simply collecting and reporting monitoring & evaluation (M&E) and research data; it sets up a framework in which practitioners advance toward critically evaluating the evidence to inform key decisions for improving programs. What is working? What isn’t working? Why? And what next?
This symposium will encourage the audience to think critically about moving beyond traditional M&E practices to a more dynamic learning and adapting model, thereby maximizing programmatic outcomes and impact. We will focus on the importance of learning through effective M&E and research, and on adapting that learning for programmatic and policy decision making.
The event will feature diverse perspectives from the development community on putting learning into practice and will include an opportunity for questions and discussion with the panelists.
Keynote Speaker: Heidi Reynolds, Project Deputy Director and Director for Evaluation, MEASURE Evaluation, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1) Zachary Baquet, Senior Knowledge Management Advisor and Learning Team Lead, USAID Bureau for Food Security
2) Easter Dasmarinas, Chief of Party, USAID/Philippines LuzonHealth project, RTI International
3) Tara Sullivan, Director, K4Health Project & Director, Knowledge Management, Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
4) Stacey Young, Senior Learning Advisor and CLA Team Lead
1) Molly Chen, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Learning and Adapting Specialist, RTI International
2) Rajeev Colaco, Senior Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Learning and Adapting, RTI International