- This event has passed.
Every Journey, Every Child: A Global Priority for Urban Sustainable Development
July 13, 2018 @ 12:45 pm - 2:45 pm
Organized by Multiple Partners or Sponsors
12:45 PM – 2:45 PM
UN Delegates Dining Room, UN Headquarters
New York, New York
(All attendees will need to have a UN badge to access the venue. If you do not have a UN badge, please let Child Health Initiative know by July 5)
Safe and sustainable mobility are integral to achieving the theme of the 2018 HLPF, ‘Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies.’ As populations and motorization increase, it is the poorest who bear the greatest burden of unsafe roads. The health and life chances of millions are held back by inequitable access to mobility.
This luncheon side event will be an opportunity to discuss key issues, solutions, and steps to reduce the toll of road traffic injuries. It will also focus on measures to improve sustainable mobility in the urban context, and the priority of protecting children and the vulnerable.
1) Maimunah Mohd Sharif, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director, UN-Habitat
2) Jean Todt, UN Special Envoy for Road Safety, President of the FIA
3) Honourable Abdoulaye Daouda Diallo, Minister of Infrastructure and Ground Transportation, Senegal
4) Honourable Robert Montague, Minister of Transport and Mining, Jamaica
5) H.E. Mauro Vieira, Permanent Representative and Ambassador, Mission of Brazil to the UN
6) H.E. Sergey Kononuchenko, Deputy Permanent Representative and Ambassador, Mission of the Russian Federation to the UN
7) H.E. Irina Schoulgin Nyoni, Deputy Permanent Representative and Ambassador, Mission of Sweden to the UN
Saul Billingsley, Executive Director, FIA Foundation