Organized by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) ASSIST Project
Since 2012, USAID has funded the USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project to improve health care service delivery, strengthen health systems, and advance the frontier of improvement science in USAID-assisted countries. This webinar series explores some of the project’s most important results and learning in the past five years to achieve an AIDS-free generation, prevent child and maternal deaths, and effectively combat other public health threats.
Each webinar will address a different topic and draw on results and learning from multiple countries. The format of the one-hour webinars, which will be recorded for later viewing, will be one or two short presentations, followed by comments and discussion with the moderator and/or expert commentators and audience questions. ASSIST resource and key experiences related to each webinar topic will also be provided in a two-page briefer, including materials not covered in the specific presentation.
Webinar dates & topics:
1) Wednesday, March 8, 9:00-10:00am: Using regulatory levers to strengthen the health profession workforce in Cambodia
2) Wednesday, March 28, 9:00-10:00am: Strengthening systems to prevent antimicrobial resistance: Results from the West Bank, Uganda and Georgia
3) Wednesday, April 25, 9:00-10:00am: Strengthening the power of the OVC platform to achieve epidemic control through community linkages
4) Wednesday, May 30, 9:00-10:00am: Lessons for strengthening district health systems from India and Uganda
5) Wednesday, June 27, 9:00-10:00am: Strengthening systems to retain mother-baby pairs in care and eliminate mother to child transmission
6) Wednesday, July 25, 9:00-10:00am: Reducing preventable maternal, newborn, and child deaths at scale by improving care effectiveness and efficiency
7) Wednesday, September 12, 9:00-10:00am: Leading health care improvement: What leaders need to know to act. Lessons from East and West Africa