The vision of People, Planet, Purpose is a collaborative and interprofessional space for integrative health & medicine practitioners. You will experience a sense of community and personal renewal that is unique to the Academy. Our perspective is global and holistic. We address the topics that weave through planetary health, clinical research, your patients’ worlds and your practice settings. Together, we are committed to transforming the current paradigm of health.
Medical doctors, family practice doctors, osteopathic physicians, naturopathic physicians, chiropractic physicians, acupuncturists, homeopaths, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, physician assistants, dietitians, nutritionists, midwives, pharmacists, dentists, licensed herbalists, massage therapists, health coaches, and many more.
After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
• Discuss the importance of treating the whole person, mind-body-spirit;
• Assess the value of a physician/patient partnership in improving health;
• Evaluate the role of evidence-based integrative holistic medicine in the treatment and prevention of common medical conditions and chronic illnesses;
• Incorporate integrative holistic medicine treatments into patient care, referring to specialists as necessary;
• Utilize tools and resources provided to incorporate integrative holistic medicine into their practices/organizations; and
• Establish a network of like-minded practitioners from various disciplines and geographic areas.