Environmental risk factors, such as pollution, significantly contribute to the increase of non-communicable diseases, as well as related deaths and healthcare expenditure. Many of these conditions are entirely preventable but the global and regional frameworks to address these environmental determinants of health are lacking.
This one-day forum will explore the role of health promotion with a Planetary Health lens. By bringing together health experts from various sectors it seeks to discover new modalities of cooperation among different actors across sectors.
Speakers of the forum include, among others:
1) Bernard Kasia, President, Alliance for Health Promotion
2) Francesco Branca, Director, Nutrition for Health and Development, World Health Organization
3) Mihaly Kökény, Former Minister of Health, Hungary; Senior Fellow, Global Health Centre, the Graduate Institute
4) Christina Murray, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, University of Prince Edward Island
5) Erika Placella, Health Advisor, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation