The Aid & Development Africa Summit 2017 is an exclusive platform uniting regional and global expertise and offering a unique opportunity for cross-sector engagement between UN and government agencies, NGOs, donors and the private sector.
This year’s summit will feature over 70 speakers and discussions on ground-breaking innovations in mobile technology to support health Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), improve maternal and child health, build community health resilience and tackle communicable diseases in the region.
Participants will benefit from 8+ hours of structured networking sessions with key players in Africa’s humanitarian aid and development sector in order to strengthen foundation for effective collaboration and influence regional development and humanitarian goals.
Panel discussions will include: Innovations and Reforms to Support Health SDGs and Tackling Communicable Diseases in Sub-Saharan East Africa.
• Debate the lessons learned from the recent drought crisis with all actors involved in humanitarian aid and development programmes in sub-Saharan East Africa
• Hear latest trends in procurement in the region, as well as policy updates and technological innovations to support emergency response, financing of development and aid programs
• Find out about best practice in the supplier management and how to address supply chain challenges, including getting aid to areas of reduced infrastructure or conflict
• Learn about latest ICT developments and data strategy required to support SDGs, health resilience and emergency communication
• Find out how to build a culture of resilience and strengthen disaster preparedness, including initiatives and partnerships to improve health, livelihoods and safety of displaced people
• Build long lasting partnerships through structured networking opportunities, knowledge exchange and debates that influence regional development and humanitarian goals